- We respect your privacy
Collection of personal information
- Rentus.com.au respects your right to privacy and is committed to
safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to
the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This
policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- "Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about
How we collect your personal information
- Rentus.com.au will, from time to time, receive and store personal
information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address
and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and
process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at
other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you
provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content
or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or
credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while
interacting with us.
Use of your personal information
- Rentus.com.au collects personal information from you in a variety of
ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you
access our website and when we provide our services to you. We may receive
personal information from third parties. If we do, we will protect it as set out in
Disclosure of your personal information
- Rentus.com.au may use personal information collected from you to
provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you
aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to
you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and
services and better understand your needs.
- Rentus.com.au may contact you by a variety of measures including, but
not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
Security of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers,
insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as
reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal
information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a
legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in
the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks,
legal rights, property or safety of Rentus.com.au,
www.rentus.com.au , its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or
transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business
assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user
databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information
contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential
purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only
disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to the terms of this
disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request that the third
party follow this Policy regarding handling your personal information.
Access to your personal information
- Rentus.com.au is committed to ensuring that the information you provide
to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have
put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to
safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss
and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or
receive from us. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised
disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personal information that
we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy
Complaints about privacy
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in
accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small
administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would
like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any
information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or
misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about
you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send
in details of your complaints to 423/147 Pirie Street, Adelaide, South Australia,
5000. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving
written notice of your complaint.
modify this Policy at any time, in our sole discretion and all modifications will be
effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on our website or
When you visit our website
- When you come to our website (www.rentus.com.au ) we may collect
certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited
immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an
aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can
improve our service.
files which a website uses to identify you when you come back to the site and to
store details about your use of the site. Cookies are not malicious programs that
access or damage your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept
cookies but you can choose to reject cookies by changing your browser settings.
However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website. Our
us provide a better website visitor experience. In addition, cookies may be used
to serve relevant ads to website visitors through third party services such as
Google Adwords. These ads may appear on this website or other websites you
Third party sites
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or
controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third
party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of
these websites. Please be aware that Rentus.com.au is not responsible
for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be
aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and
every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Contents update on: 15st August 2019